Wednesday, 23 January 2013
REVIEW: Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream from Chemist Direct
Chemist Direct is an online chemist offering medicines, health and beauty essentials, fragrances, pet products and household cleaning products at lower prices than on the high street. It also has a large dedicated mother and baby section offering products for baby bath time, feeding and nursing, and maternity products for mums, featuring brands such as Bio-Oil, Chicco, Burts Bees, Halo N Horns, Avent and Mam. The section also runs monthly bulk buy offers on items such as nappies, baby wipes, baby formula, nappy cream – offering further savings to families!! It's the ideal business to have saved in your favourites for those times when it's just too much effort to leave the house and go shopping!!
Chemist Direct sent us some Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream (available from their mother and baby section) to review.
To be honest up until recently we haven't had much need for nappy rash cream as it hasn't been something Xander has really suffered with, however with onset of teething came the nasty side effect of nappy rash (and dribble rash on his chin and neck) and the Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream has proved itself to be extremely useful!!
What we like about Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream:
- Made from natural ingredients (calendula, chamomile, almond oils and sesame oils)
- Lovely smell (a result of the essential oils used within the product. You can especially smell the lavender!)
- A massive tube (75ml) which will last for ages as a little bit goes a long way!
- Not too sticky
- Not as thick as other rash creams so quite easy to rub in.
- Can be used not just for the nappy area, also ideal to use for dribble rash around the neck and chin area.
- I like that the product is in a tube rather than a tub, it takes up less space in my changing bag.
- Products haven't been tested on animals.
What we don't like about Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream:
- Being stored in a tube, initially when we began using the product we wasted some cream as we squeezed too much out. Once out of the tube you can't put it back in!
Generally speaking we really have liked using Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream and will continue using it in the future!! An recommend this cream to other parents and babies.
You can purchase this cream (and other products from the Weleda range) from Chemist Direct for the bargain price of £5.60. That's 19% discount off the RRP £6.95.
We received this item free of charge from Chemist Direct for the purpose of this review. All opinions posted are my own.