In recent months I have been to several baby showers (including my own) all have been wonderfully organised by various family members and friends.
One of the fun parts of a baby shower is the games and activities you do so I thought I'd give you some insight into ones that I've particularly enjoyed:
1) Guess the baby poop: I've seen a couple of variations of this. At my baby shower my friends mixed together several store cupboard ingredients (mustard, raisins etc) and you had to guess all the ingredients by sight, smell and if you was brave enough taste!!
At the baby shower yesterday there was six different melted chocolate bars in six numbered nappies and you had to guess what chocolate bars they were!!
2) Guess the baby food: baby food comes in all sorts of posh flavours these days. At my baby shower my friends heated up several flavours of baby food and we had to try and guess the flavours!
3) Draw the mum-to-be's baby: this ones really funny. Give each guest five minutes to draw what they think the baby will look like. Give them all to the mum-to-be to judge. These could all be collected up afterwards and put into a book for the mum-to-be to keep!
4) A good old fashioned quiz: Appeals to my competitive nature! Could be done individually or pub quiz style in small groups! Rounds could include nursery rhyme questions, celebrity baby names, questions about the mum-to-bes pregnancy.
5) Decorate bibs and baby vests: I loved doing this one! It really appealed to my creative side! Buy some plain bibs and vests, along with some fabric pens and let the guests decorate these items for the new baby.
One nice idea is to buy vests in a range of sizes (0-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12) and allow each guest to decorate them with 'Month 1, Month 2 etc) so the mum to be can photograph her baby each month and document the baby's growth!
I hope these ideas inspire you if you're organising a babyshower yourself!
What fun games have you played at a baby shower?! Please leave a comment below!