Saturday 24 November 2012

Mummyconstant Gruffalo Trunki Competiton Entry!

I'm a HUGE fan of the Gruffalo! When I saw The Gruffalo and gruffalo chums set competition on mummyconstants blog I couldn't resist entering!


A very fun competition, the task is to create your own paragraph in true Julia Donaldson style, featuring the mouse meeting a new animal!!

I chose a weasel! And here's my entry:

A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood.
A weasel saw the mouse and the mouse looked good.
He asked “Where are you going? ” to little brown mouse,
Come & have supper in my underground house.”
”It’s terribly kind of you, Weasel, but no -
I’m going to have lunch with a Gruffalo.”

”A Gruffalo? What’s a Gruffalo?”
“A Gruffalo! Why didn’t you know?
He has large slimy tongue and a big pot belly
And when he roars it wobbles like jelly.”
“Where are you meeting him?”
“Here, sit on this post,
And his favourite food is Weasel roast.”

”Weasel Roast! I’m off”. Weasel cried.
“Goodbye, little mouse,” he ran off to hide.
“Silly old Weasel! Doesn’t he know,
There’s no such thing as a Gruffalo?”

The closing date is the 7th december. I have my fingers crossed!!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! Weasels are scary. Love Gruffalo's jelly belly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Weasels are scary. Love Gruffalo's jelly belly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sharing. Excellent your Trunki related goods education dvds toy & games onlie shopping in singapore here lamkins shopping agency.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.