Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Second Trimester (Part 2)

The second half of the second trimester wasn't as enjoyable! On a high from the 20 week scan and finding out we was having a boy, all of a sudden things dramatically changed.

The weekend after the scan was mothers day. I agreed to babysit my 10 year old sister and my brother overnight so my mum could have a night off. We had a really enjoyable night but the next morning I woke up and felt terrible. The room was spinning, I was dizzy and I couldn't stop being sick. Hubby didn't know what to do, and I was scared. In the end hubby called up my mum who rushed over and insisted he took me to hospital.

Fortunately it turned out I had a virus but it had caused me to be severely dehydrated and I ended up in hospital for four days hooked up on a drip. The only advantage of being in there was that I got to hear baby's heartbeat two or three times a day!

I saw this illness as a sign that I needed to slow down a bit. Work had been hectic and stressful. I needed to slow down the pace. Easier said than done being a teacher work is non-stop, but I made sure I had my breaks, a good lunch and went home on time.

Pregnant ladies, remember the most important thing is you and your baby. Don't take on too much and look after yourself. It's really important! I fell into the trap of thinking because I felt great in myself (compared to the first trimester) I could push it, but it's really not worth it. Take care.

I would love you to share your second trimester stories. Please feel free to leave a comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.