Friday 5 October 2012

My Return Back To The Gym!

I finally bit the bullet...I have re-joined my gym. I simply couldn't look in the mirror and be happy with what I saw back.

People are keen to remind me that i've had a baby, yes i'm well aware of that! But that to me does not justify me being lazy and scoffing my face with crappy snack food.

I probably wouldn't have quite so many issues with my post-pregnancy body if I hadn't lost so much weight for my wedding (in total over 3 stone) but I feel like I made all that progress and it's all lost.

So I did it, joined the gym. It's going to be a struggle fitting sessions in-between looking after Xander and hubby's erratic work shifts but I'm sure I'll manage.

I signed on the dotted line yesterday and rewarded myself after with a swim, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room!! A couple of baby free hours did me the world of good!

Today was a little more hardcore. A full hour of Zumba! I have to admit I struggled, but i kept going ... didn't stop once! I seem to have lost all coordination in the last 11 months and I left the gym studio with a face as red as my gym vest. But I have to say I actually felt good!

So I have to keep going. Stay positive! I'm going to aim for at least two sessions a week and if I do well I may even reward myself with a spa session!! I WILL lose this baby weight. I'm determined.

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun. going to the gym is a big step so well done. I hope you don't mind me saying this but have you ever tried slimming world? If you look at my weightloss blog http://honest-2-blog.blogspot.com I've lost 6st 2lbs, I need to lose another 4St to be at target but I am working my way there. I lost nearly 4st in 5months, I didn't exercise at the start but towards the 3/4 month I did, didn't increase my loss but toned me up. if I can help with anything let me know x

    @mama_mooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weightloss! That's completely inspirational. Not considered slimming world. I'm totally rubbish at diets (I love food too much!) would rather slog it out at the gym!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.